New MBP vs Previous Gen MBP Audio Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cornopaez, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

So,

I have the previous version of the MBP and it has some known issues with the analog audio output; apparently the circuit catches a lot of interference and it makes a nasty sound when music is playing.

Is anyone out there with a new MBP that has noticed if the issue still is there? I need to know cause maybe I'll have good to get an exchange since I bought the MBP exclusively for music (and most of the equipment I use is analog.)

Thanks in advance!

2. Bitslong macrumors newbie

After a week of use (headphones - in-canal + closed, amplified speakers) I haven't noticed anything nasty but then, I haven't had anything to compare it to. I've had bad audio from PCs and portable devices in the past that was very irritating and PITA to fix in some cases (if possible).

3. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

I hear ya. I have better sound from my iPhone than from the mbp and that pisses me off. I'll have to drop by the apple store and see what they can do about it.

Thanks!

4. virtuatony macrumors regular

I really want to know as my new one hasn't shipped yet, but it was a major drawback for the old model to me at least.

5. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I've spoken to Apple about this very issue. What they've done is completely overhauled the audio for the brand new MBPs, this has gone under the radar but is a significant upgrade. There are alot of audio issues w/ the old models and this one is supposed to fix all that. Who knows there could be new issues w/ this system we don't yet know about though. I think the reason they did this was a) a bug fix and b) to make the iPhone's headset/mic unit work w/ the new models.

6. cornopaez thread starter macrumors regular

cornopaez

Well, I can now say that the new MBP doesn't have that annoying interference as the previous model did. I'm actually glad they acknowledge the issue and fixed it.

Sweet!

7. virtuatony macrumors regular

Well that makes me happy, I hope I finally get mine tomorrow.