New MBP Warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Redbulls, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Redbulls macrumors newbie

I called in today about my macbook. It has been getting some problems lately. My keyboards light up but only in the middle. The back is melting off a bit and my top right corner is melting... I have no idea how.. They are sending me a box in so i can send in my macbookpro, Do you think they will send me a new macbookpro or just fix it? Let me know. I do have 20 day left of warranty.

[​IMG]

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

3. Redbulls thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i have it on about 4-5 hours a day. always open, i opened it today and looked at it and it was like that.. Never been dropped. Always in a case tured off.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's probably a repair but they could even look at it and because there are multiple problems, they might just send you a new one (but that's a slim chance).

5. Redbulls thread starter macrumors newbie

What if it doesn't turn on? will they send a new one?

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Still looking at a repair only but again there's a chance they won't bother taking it apart, look for the problem fix it and then change the housing and just send you a new one.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

Aluminum melts at around 1220 degrees Fahrenheit. So are you sure it's melting and isn't bent, from a drop perhaps?

8. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

It didn't melt...it fell. You can say you didn't drop it all you want, but it didn't melt.

9. Redbulls thread starter macrumors newbie

How are YOU going to tell me it didn't melt... I know for a fact it never fell, i treated it like a kid...

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Its going to look very funny to them, regardless of what happened. I don't get how the top of the screen area would melt. That area is one of the coolest on the entire computer. One would think the glass would shatter and the screen would mar before the metal starts to melt.

I think you're going to have a hard time with getting it fixed. If you do, then Apple pulled through once again. :)

11. Tony5787 macrumors member

Is there anybody else in the house that could have dropped it and not told you? Or maybe a pet knocked it over or something? It is strange though that the glass on the screen there isn't cracked.

12. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

You can get defensive if you want but it's very unlikely the edge of the MB "melted" unless someone took a blowtorch to it.

13. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I would definitely send in for a repair. If the repair time takes long, then I would get the Apple Care before the warranty runs out, like a day before.

14. Resist macrumors 68030

Well again, aluminum melts at 1220 degrees Fahrenheit. So it's more likely it was dropped and you aren't being truthful or someone else dropped your MBP without you knowing about it.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You don't have to drop your computer for it to get banged up; sometimes frequently bumping will cause slight warping. It just doesn't make any sense when you say the aluminium is melting.

16. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the picture showing the top right corner is not caused by melting ... as that is not possible ... clearly shows it has been bent

good luck