Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redbulls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I called in today about my macbook. It has been getting some problems lately. My keyboards light up but only in the middle. The back is melting off a bit and my top right corner is melting... I have no idea how.. They are sending me a box in so i can send in my macbookpro, Do you think they will send me a new macbookpro or just fix it? Let me know. I do have 20 day left of warranty.

1o7hpy.png

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It's probably a repair but they could even look at it and because there are multiple problems, they might just send you a new one (but that's a slim chance).

Redbulls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
It's probably a repair but they could even look at it and because there are multiple problems, they might just send you a new one (but that's a slim chance).

What if it doesn't turn on? will they send a new one?

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Still looking at a repair only but again there's a chance they won't bother taking it apart, look for the problem fix it and then change the housing and just send you a new one.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Its going to look very funny to them, regardless of what happened. I don't get how the top of the screen area would melt. That area is one of the coolest on the entire computer. One would think the glass would shatter and the screen would mar before the metal starts to melt.

I think you're going to have a hard time with getting it fixed. If you do, then Apple pulled through once again. :)

Tony5787

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2009
How are YOU going to tell me it didn't melt... I know for a fact it never fell, i treated it like a kid...

Is there anybody else in the house that could have dropped it and not told you? Or maybe a pet knocked it over or something? It is strange though that the glass on the screen there isn't cracked.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
You can get defensive if you want but it's very unlikely the edge of the MB "melted" unless someone took a blowtorch to it.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I would definitely send in for a repair. If the repair time takes long, then I would get the Apple Care before the warranty runs out, like a day before.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I know for a fact it never fell, i treated it like a kid...
Well again, aluminum melts at 1220 degrees Fahrenheit. So it's more likely it was dropped and you aren't being truthful or someone else dropped your MBP without you knowing about it.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You don't have to drop your computer for it to get banged up; sometimes frequently bumping will cause slight warping. It just doesn't make any sense when you say the aluminium is melting.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
the picture showing the top right corner is not caused by melting ... as that is not possible ... clearly shows it has been bent

good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.