new MBP with multi touch soon!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bmorris, Jan 21, 2008.

1. bmorris macrumors 6502

bmorris

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

This is good for the Mac notebook lineup as a whole.

3. aosman macrumors 6502

Thats good news. Wonder if it will be hardware based of software based (where all old MB & MBP will get it too)

Guess we will have to wait and see

4. aforty macrumors 65816

Yea, yea, yea. Trackpad is great and all, but this is what really gets my juices flowing (eww):

Edit:
    And of course:

5. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

I'm not a fan of the "next several weeks" thing, but I'll hold out for it. :(

6. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I don't think the multi touch trackpad will be software based, as the Macbook Air's trackpad is larger than the current ones.

I don't really see what all the fuss is about regarding the Multi Touch. I'm worried it will become more of an annoyance if anything.

7. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

unless you're constantly making pinching motions on your trackpad currently, I don't think that its going to be that much of a problem. I'm guessing that there will be some way to disable it if you so desire anyway.

8. skierdb526 macrumors regular

9. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Yeah that is a good point. I guess it depends how good and how accurate the technology behind it is :)

10. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Ok that's it, i give up!!! I'm canceling my MacPro order first thing tomorrow morning. This is enough news for me to hold out and wait!

11. llorxela macrumors newbie

The thing about the multi-touch on the air is that you can disable gestures if you so wish. All in all you could just get a larger touch pad.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

good news indeed. hopefully the "next several weeks" will happen sooner rather than later

13. skierdb526 macrumors regular

I almost ordered over the weekend, but i tried ordering with my debit card and i guess i went over my limit. This is good because now i have time to get that little bit more money when the paycheck comes in.

14. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Thanks...I didn't know you could disable it :)

Just hope the MBA keyboard doesn't make its way to the MBP :p

15. mashinhead macrumors 68020

this seems like a natural and obvious progression to me. I more interested in knowing if it will get a redesign and look closer to a mba

16. thinkband macrumors regular

Nice. Finally we have some confirmation that Apple is thinking about updating these archaic aluminum boxes. I am not gonna buy the fiirst thing that comes out. I will probably wait for people to get their reviews out and to find out how good these laptops are and I'll buy one in a few months.

17. mhml92 macrumors member

ahh the first "REAL" rumor! or atleast better than that KrAzY dusch who claimed to work at the apple paper mill.. (If he is right I'm sorry about that dusch part)

18. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

So new touchpad and I really think case tweaks to make it sleeker as well. Time for a shell update.

19. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

You do realize that your bank may charge you for going over limit?

20. Skeets macrumors newbie

My MBP just arrived from the Apple online store an hour ago. From what date will I be able to exchange it for a refreshed version? The date I ordered it, the day it shipped, or the day I received it?

If I remember correctly, if they rev the MBPs within 14 days (of one of the above), I'm able to return my current MBP, pay a 10% restocking fee and I will receive the new model.

Can anyone confirm?

21. skierdb526 macrumors regular

Well the fraud team called me. Ill call my bank though. They should be on friendly terms with me though and I know they didnt charge me anything for trying to order because i have access to that information over one of those telephone line deals.

PS. Does anyone know what the deal would be with Ram? would it stay the same or be some newer technology? Im just asking because I already went ahead and bought the 4 gb upgrade kit.

22. mhml92 macrumors member

23. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I don't think the article hints at a redesign. The MBP would look horrible with the wedge edges