new MBP with Turbo Memory?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sir42, May 9, 2007.

1. sir42 macrumors 6502

According to AppleInsider:

Turbo Memory is an optional feature, unique to Intel technology, that can access frequently used software applications twice as fast and reduce the amount of time it takes to turn on, or boot-up, a laptop by as much as 20 percent. In turn, this NAND flash-enabled feature lets users save on power consumption and increase battery life.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the new MBPs we're all anticipating will be equipped with this Turbo Memory option. Am I wrong about that? It seems like it would make a great addition to the MBP lineup.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

turbo memory is the new name for robson cache technology. whether this actually makes it into the macbook pro is anyone's guess.

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It's just a part of the Centrino Pro platform. Optional though.

4. sir42 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dell is selling a 1 GB Turbo Memory option for a scant $49 bucks. Hopefully we'll at least be given the option to add it for a similar price.

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

It'll definitely find its way to the MBP, whether it'll be included in the MBs is a good question. I'd hope so, but who knows what Apple is thinking.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's a mildy deceptive name, however. It would be better named "Turbo Hard Disk Cache"