New MBP Won't Eject Disks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bbiwer14, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Bbiwer14 macrumors newbie

I bought a Spring '11 MBP a month ago today and it's been working great, until today. I recieved Final Cut Express in the mail and installed it right away. When the installation was done, I dragged the disk icon to 'Eject' and the computer made a few sounds, but the disk didn't eject. Finder prompted me the details of the disk. I tried to eject 3 or 4 more times before it finally ejected for me.

Should I be concerned? I have a BB replacement plan and since it is one month old I certainly can take it in to the Apple Store to have it checked out.

Anyone have this problem before or know how to prevent it in the future?

2. Spikestrip macrumors member

Spikestrip

Make sure you've run all your updates. If you don't see the problem again, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, I would always recommend, personally, the AppleCare Protection Plan over the Best Buy deal. Apple will take good care of you when it comes down to it. Best Buy will ask Apple to replace or fix your computer, then give it back to you. And that's if things go well. Best Buy's staff does not have the Apple knowledge the Apple Store does.

Spike