New MBP XBench results

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donbenjy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. donbenjy macrumors 6502

Hey, here's my XBench stats for the new 2.4GHz 15.4" MBP! The disk test always runs slow on every mac I've bench'd so I guess the benchmark used a 7200 RPM drive? And also I was writing like 15 GB of data to my HDD, so that could explain it. I'm using the integrated GPU - I'll post the 9600M GT in "about 11 minutes" once my copying has done: you have to log out to change GPUs...which is kinda annoying, but makes sense if the display needs to change chips!

2. donbenjy thread starter macrumors 6502

discrete GPU -9600M GT

comparison - comparison

Not sure why the integrated seems to score better at some things, but I guess it's hard to test under exatly similar conditions. The user elements seems to be the strongest effected! Not sure how accurate the whole test is, but it gives an idea anyway!

3. polar-blair macrumors regular

ehhhh!

How does the integrated graphics do better than the dedicated graphics on the Graphics tests? That seems weird!

The real question is can you as a user see a difference when it is being used?

4. donbenjy thread starter macrumors 6502

when I'm doing what - opening finder windows, setting up Mail or posting here? ;) Not had a chance to really push it yet - I'm still sorting stuff out right now!

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I want to no the bench marks for all the models! :)

6. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

xbench is crap. care to post geekbench and cinemark scores?

8. donbenjy thread starter macrumors 6502

geekbench

had to run it in 32-bit mode because I'm not paying for it, so it might be skewed?

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

WTF? The Macbook is equal because they have the same processor? Geekbench doesn't touch graphics benchmark?

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's all CPU and memory benches.

12. CTYankee macrumors 6502

My MBP 2.4 Benchmarks

Geekbench: 3124
    XBench: 125 (slow HD performance)
    Cinebench 10: 2:56 (integrated video); 2:52 (discrete video)

I'm not seeing much difference at all between 'turbo' and low power mode. Maybe a fps test or Motion?

The new trackpad is nice. Build is amazing. Looks are very nice. My Powerbook looks soooo ancient and clunky next to it. Screen...ok. Colors off a bit (to be expected) and the glossy...not sure. Using it in a darkened room.