New MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elizabeth2, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Elizabeth2 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with my dilemma. :)

I really need a new laptop. My old white MacBook is about to die any minute now.

My first inclination was: I'll just buy the MacBook 13 inch that is in the Apple stores right now. But when I did research and asked some ppl in the know, I found out that this was not the way to go. On this site for example I read advice against buying this laptop, because it will soon be replaced by a new model.
    Also, I don't think the available MBP is very esthetic. It's not elegant or sleek, and I don't really like the black on it.
    The retina one looks a lot sleeker and nicer, but also is too expensive, I reckon. I've also looked into MacBook Air, I really love its look. But I'm scared I will need more memory.

So, what do you reckon I should do?

Also, when is the new MBP expected?

Thank you very much for your help!

Love,
    Liz

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Mid 2013 most likely

Just get what you need/want/can afford.

3. amit715 macrumors member

i have a mid 2012 13inch pro and i love it .does what i need it for and its upgradable .

4. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

not likely to be replace real soon, the current models are pretty recent

if you order now, you can have it for Christmas :D :apple:

/edit not quite as new as I thought (I was remembering Retina systems), http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro

5. Poisonivy326 macrumors 6502

It's a great machine where you can replace it with new RAM and an SSD hard drive within minutes. I'd just get the base model and upgrade.

6. bigboar macrumors 6502

if you need one now get the 13 base model and then throw 16gb of ram and an ssd in it. you will love it. if not, wait until next year, but I never really understood that line of thinking because you will never buy anything since there will always be updates.