New MBP13 whining noise - fix under Windows ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DavePro, Oct 9, 2009.

1. DavePro macrumors newbie

Hello =)

Im from Germany, so my English is not the best at all. I hope you understand me ;)
    I got a new MBP 13 and i like it very much ! I love it =)
    I have to use Mac os x and Windows XP because there are some Programms that i can only use with windows.

My problem is the whinning noise :( Under Mac os x there are programms like QuiteMBP or shhMBP or something like this. Now i want a quiete MBP under Windows XP. Is there a tool or a possibility to get rid of the whining noise under Windows ? Please help me ;)

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

You could try a python script. Install python and create a text file called something like quiet.py

Code:
    import time
    while 1:
         i=0
         while i<100:
              i+=1
         time.sleep(.01)
     #this line should be blank

This gives about .9% CPU use in OS X, and it should be similar in Windows. I don't know if the sleep interval is too long, though. You can try making it shorter, but there is some minimum sleep time that you might run into. Just play around with the sleep time and the loop count and see what works. My MBP doesn't make noise as far as I can tell, so I can't really test it.

If you don't want to use this, you could just use a program that always uses some CPU time, like Firefox or Last.fm or iTunes and leave it running all the time.