New MBP15 2.53 owner!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac07, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Mac07 macrumors newbie

So I'm really debating weather to open the package. I bought the mbp from Best Buy as I have their store card there. They even matched the corporate/education discount and their accidental coverage seems awesome. My only concern I really wanted the hi res version but the manager told me they would never order those and I would need to go directly to an Apple store or order through Apple. Any one hear anything different from Best Buy? Not sure how long I'll wait to open it.......and hook it up to the tv in the main room! I got a magic mouse and wireless keyboard as well.....:D

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I was comparing the two today at the Apple store and it's not that much of a difference honestly. I was wanting to go Hi-res but now I don't think it's worth paying the extra money. I say open it and enjoy it.

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

The difference in resolution can be significant. The standard display is just a bit too small to have two windows side-by-side. With the high res display, it is a bit more comfortable (though still tight compared to even higher resolution displays). Here are some screenshots taken on my external monitor, which is 1680x1050. The top border represents the menu bar. I didn't leave any space for the dock since I have mine autohide.

Of course, what you can fit on the screen will depend on the application you are using and the font size you can tolerate (though it is possible to get used to the smaller fonts on a high-res display). These screenshots are just meant to be representative of the difference in resolution.

Attached Files:

4. Mac07 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well its too late, its open. Hooked it up to my 52 samsung :eek: looks nice now I have to figure out a way got get sound working....is there a hdmi option? Right now Im doing a vga option, where is the sound :mad: