New MBpro 13 major issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaprofitt, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Gaprofitt macrumors regular

Hey All,

I have an appt tomorrow with a Genius at the local apple store. I purchased a new Macbook pro 13 with 8gb/512gb on 3/12/15. This unit has been a lemon since about 2-3 weeks after I bought it. I frequently have the touchpad stop working, the down arrow key feels different than the other keys and doesn't function well and I have kernel panics as well 3 times a day.

Needless to say I am pissed off, this unit cost me over $1800. I want a refund and not to deal with repair, etc. Does apple bend on the 14 day policy or am I likely screwed? I'm so frustrated by the experience I don't even want a new one.

Thanks for any advice. I'm gonna try to keep my cool tomorrow and play nice..:)

2. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Yeah. Sounds like you got a defective machine. They will replace the top case including trackpad and possibly the logic board as it is only a month old and covered by Applecare for 1 yr. Prepare to be without your machine for a couple days.

3. Gaprofitt thread starter macrumors regular

That's going to be unacceptable. I'm going to push for a refund.

4. Zeos macrumors 6502

Yes, this is the new Apple. My wife bought one and the battery lasts 4 or 5 hours and the screen is jumpy just when opening/closing windows. She hates it. My mid 2011 MBA is smoother and snappier with general day-to-day tasks. Macs, IMHO, are no longer worth the premium price.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Take it back then

Sounds defective take it back and get it swapped. Apple are very good about customer service and will fix or replace with little problem if you get a duff machine....

6. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

I would have it replaced rather than a refund, the 8/512 rMBP 2015 is a nice all round machine. Don't let one faulty unit spoil your enjoyment.

After such a short time scale I would expect Apple to replace it for a new machine rather than a refurbished one.

Good Luck

7. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Yeah, push for new. That is a lemon. Mine has zero issues and I love it. You will too with a good unit. Not near the same price point. But. they gave me a new silicon case for my 7 month old iPhone 6+ when you could see I chewed it up with my fingernails before I got the hang of removing it.