Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawgdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Ok I just ordered a Refurbished MBP (the 2.4 ghz one on there now) and then heard from my friend that they were coming out with new models next week! Is this true, and what are the differences going to be? I am wondering if I should wait to open my new MBP so I can see the new ones when they come out. I paid 2,099 for a 2.4 / 2 gb /160 / 256MB video so I am happy with the deal I got but if they decide to do something crazy like throw a Xeon in there then I would be willing to wait and pay 200-300 more for that guy if it will last me longer.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
Ok I just ordered a Refurbished MBP (the 2.4 ghz one on there now) and then heard from my friend that they were coming out with new models next week! Is this true, and what are the differences going to be? I am wondering if I should wait to open my new MBP so I can see the new ones when they come out. I paid 2,099 for a 2.4 / 2 gb /160 / 256MB video so I am happy with the deal I got but if they decide to do something crazy like throw a Xeon in there then I would be willing to wait and pay 200-300 more for that guy if it will last me longer.

uuuuummmmmmm.... yeah:rolleyes:

try a search, I think you will find a little info here on that...

fwiw... it will cost you more than 2-300 more than you just paid, I'd say enjoy your new mbp

dawgdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
I did a quick search and just found stuff about "something in the air" Can you point me to the thread your talking about. (Im new to the forums)

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
I did a quick search and just found stuff about "something in the air" Can you point me to the thread your talking about. (Im new to the forums)

well nothing has been "confirmed" yet and we wont find out until mwsf next tuesday, but it is pretty common knowledge that something is going to happen with the mbp line, and there might possibly be a mbp subnotebook type deal. I for one am very happy with my new mbp (see sig) and am going to wait until the new models are out for awhile, probably late summer before I sell and buy a new one with penryn, that is the speed bump you are thinking of.

dawgdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Im a VERY basic Mac user. I know a fair amount but not nearly as much as most people here. What type of subnotebook (ie 12" MBP?) and are they changing the processor? Sorry for all the questions :(

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
Im a VERY basic Mac user. I know a fair amount but not nearly as much as most people here. What type of subnotebook (ie 12" MBP?) and are they changing the processor? Sorry for all the questions :(

The scuttlebutt is that Apple is going to release new MBPs with the new Penryn processor. However, from indications thus far, the increase in speed and battery life will be fairly minimal. In everyday tasks, you'll likely see little, if any, difference.

I wouldn't sweat it, personally.

sportsnut

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2007
Michigan

:confused:

You spent $2100 on a referb but your FRIEND said new models were about to come out so now you spend your Friday Nite waiting for us to tell you all about the rumors on what MIGHT come out.:eek:

dawgdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Haha no I spent my night downtown drinking :) And my friend I heard it from was on vacation and just got back tonight and I ordered the computer 3 days ago. It should be here tomorrow so I guess I will just wait 3 more days to open it until the new ones come out. Anyone know about the price of them?

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
you got a good deal... be happy with what you have.

We just bought a new MBP because we needed it now. If we could of waited, we would of. But we use it for business, so that was the deciding factor.

Plus, this current rev of MBP is actually fairly stable.. you never know, they might screw the next one up. (iMac anyone?)

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
If you are a basic user, a MBP is more than you probably need in the first place, let alone a slight performance increase that a new model would give you, especially if you were looking to save money buying a refurb. You got a good deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.