New MBP's in black?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dacuba, Apr 22, 2010.

1. dacuba macrumors newbie

(joehoe, here goes my first MR-topic)

Anyone's got some news about a possible black edition of the new MBP's? Would be awesome if they'd come up with those beauties.

:apple:

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

interesting.. i doubt they would do it - would be cool but!

3. crobbins macrumors 6502

crobbins

I don't really see that happening..I feel like there are quite a few people who would buy one though..I have several friends who thought the black MacBook was the coolest thing ever.

4. dmx macrumors 6502a

I think they'd look awesome... Apple would probably charge $100 extra though.

5. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

I've always thought that that Apple Store Exclusive (PRODUCT) RED would be awesome as a MBP color choice. That and some of the proceeds would go to a good cause.

6. EVO9Nate macrumors member

I would have purchased one if they had black edition.

-Nate

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

thats a great suggestion!

8. pastparticiple macrumors regular

Yeah it would "only" cost $100...but it would only be available if you upgraded to the special titanium chassis that is an additional $500. And then lots of people here would tell us how "lucky" we are that Apple "allows" us the choice.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I would buy one without thinking. I love my Blackbook and would only replace it with another new black Apple laptop.

10. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

You might keep it for a while...:rolleyes:

11. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Sadly yes, it is getting old at three years. Its starting to have issues and I'm wishing it had all the new things. But I'll use it till it completely dies and like it the way it is.

12. cosmicblue macrumors newbie

I wish they would revise the next revision of the Macbook to black. I think that would sell really well.

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It's been suggested a couple times before. Don't see it coming one bit. Would be nice though.

Seems like Colorware or normalcy.

14. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I've always wanted one in black too because it would be very stealthy.. if they make it glossy black that would suck though.. It's got to be anodized black aluminum/titanium

15. pastparticiple macrumors regular

Colorware sold a stealth matte black last gen for a while but it sold out fast and was never offered again. It is always like that with the stuff people want it seems. But still there is no way I would pay so much for a paint job on top of an already pricey laptop.

16. PAC88 macrumors 6502

^^ yea.. I remember when that came out for like $6k or something insane like that.. I believe it was last year when I saw it on engadget and wanted it soo bad. I started counting my pennies but came up a little short. Why wouldn't apple want to make something that looks this amazing though.. I don't understand companies like them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Kiddo86 macrumors member