New Mbps This Week Or Next

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by panatha, Feb 11, 2010.

1. panatha macrumors member

panatha

Today i went to my local dicksmith store and was ready to bye my new mbp. they said they have no 17 inch in store at all and cant order them in and no 15 inch. then he said why bother buying it now when the update is 1 or 2 weeks away.

so there you go...!!!!

2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

3. moocat macrumors member

Yeah - we hear these stories here all the time. It doesn't mean anything. They only know as much as we do... so its just wishful thinking (though I suggest you wait as well). btw... theres a thread called "waiting for arrandale" that's the place to post this kind of stuff.

4. panatha thread starter macrumors member

panatha

once upon a time i posted a new thread here agessss ago for imacs that my local dicksmith employee told me that they were cumin out in a weeks time..

and what happend they came out in 4 days later..

everybody was like no no no noway...

and i was right

5. wilro15 macrumors newbie

6. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Dicksmith? Cumin? LOL :D

7. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

:D:D:D:D Bravo sir!

8. Gadzie macrumors newbie

It's an electronics chain in Australia started by a fellow named Dick Smith. Fun fact, they also make nice biscuits. Not sold in their electronics stores unfortunately.

And after Best Buy supposedly cleared their stock of MBPs due to an impending update, I will take this news with the grainiest of grains of salt.

9. jrhmac macrumors newbie

and cumin...

10. iWantMac macrumors newbie

LOL!!!

But seriously... the news value on "it might be here this week or next, or the one following that... or then, or maybe 1 week later than that... OR 1-2 weeks after that".

News value = zero.

So far all guesses, announcements, rumours, friends who work at Apple, BestBuy, <insert your own electronics appliance chain here>, have been total BS. So far no one except the inner circle of Apple know when and if the new MBPs will be refreshed and released.

If we're Lucky, it'll come in February, if not, then maybe it comes later. As far as I am concerned, I am sick of expecting anything from these news anymore.

11. jackinlost macrumors member

According to the store's name dicksmith, sorry, i don't believe this news

12. jazz9 macrumors newbie

13. janastas macrumors newbie

Interesting, the 13" 2.53, 15" 2.66 and 17" 2.8 are all out of stock until the 13th Feb...

Anyone in Aus game to call one fo the stores and see what is going on?

14. corbijn macrumors newbie

I checked my local DSE today, they said their Warehouse was expecting more in next week, this was the 15" 2.8 GHZ

15. moocat macrumors member

Yeah well if I go make a post and say that I went to the apple store and they were out of stock of blah blah macbook pro and that they told me to hold off for a week and a half or so because new ones are about to come in - then I would probably be right because there's a really damn good chance of that now... but if I wasn't just after some attention and that situation REALLY happened then I would go post it in the Arrandale thread like every other self-respecting lunatic who refreshes this forum 2000 times per day :cool:

16. jazz9 macrumors newbie

LOL I just called Innaloo DSE in WA and the guy tells me a new model isn't coming out, "they stay the same for 1.5 years" (I did ask him to repeat this as I thought I might have heard him wrong)

Between 'Dick Smith' & 'Innaloo' you must think us Aussies are crazy!

17. moocat macrumors member

Yeah - obviously these Aussie retail guys don't know their stuff mate. boomerang. wallabe ;)

18. Puqq macrumors regular

Reports like that were recently received from BestBuy as well... Of course, the sales person does not know much, rather than that there are problems with supply... Btw, 13th is Saturday. I doubt whether they would receive anything on weekends, so it seems to be just a random day...

19. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Is it just me or does the name dicksmith conjur up horrible images of certain human appendages being bent and branded over a hot steel anvil? :eek:

20. 21st100 macrumors newbie

Well, If the name cracks you guys up... Have a look at the logo...
    The Head Is Placed Just in the right spot :eek:

[​IMG]

21. jackinlost macrumors member

lol nice

22. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

Outside the Sydney DSE (that's DickSmith Electronics) tonight, I saw a sign saying '10% off all Macs'. Surely the Wallaby's down under are clearing their inventory. And for the poor fellas buying the Macs thinking they are getting a good deal (they are; it's just C2D tech!)

BTW Aussies do have a sense of humour. Case #1

23. 21st100 macrumors newbie

Oh, now that you remind me, Domayne (A Crapper Aussie Retailer) also had one of those huge signs up saying that 10% of selected apple products....
    Might not be MacBooks but as they have crap all customers i think they are also getting rid of their stock..

24. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Hahaha, I think this has to be the best reason not to believe someone... :D

25. pellebee macrumors member

HAHHAHHH man, been a while since i LOL'd for real on here. i was just waiting for someone to say that!:D