New MBPs with detachable Ipad as screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apollo7011, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Apollo7011 macrumors member

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I came up with an idea like this when there were crazy rumors about the iPad. It just isn't Apple style, though, to have multiple hinges and detachable parts.

3. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

how about no more of these threads, theres been a constant stream of the same thing

4. SecretAsianMan macrumors member

5. bananaboi macrumors member

Not a chance. MBPs have become Apple's gold mine in the laptop market. Half-tablet, half-laptop would be categorized into a completely different market. They wouldn't shift away from something that has been working very well for them

6. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

The integration would be amazing if it were to ever happen. Course I'm the type of person who sees why Jobs called the iPad the most important thing he's ever done.

7. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Plus the screen resolution is not high enough.

9. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

Apple's patent people have recently submitted a description of the "Max iPad," so it may be a product like this...

:D

10. moel macrumors 6502

Plus the screen itself isn't wide enough....Please OP engage brain then open mouth. Why the hell would apple release a macbook pro with a 10" screen? hmmm?

11. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I think maybe he meant a 13" MBP with a detachable screen.

12. moel macrumors 6502

In that case he needs to remove him/herself from the gene pool.

You wouldn't last very long in business if you decided to give away your newest tech product with your cheapest macbook pro...

13. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

That would mean

13", 15" and 17" Ipads. = Fail

14. Law213 macrumors newbie

for god's sake....

What a bunch of......I apologize.

For the most part. ;)

15. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Hmmmmm, out of 14 posts after the initial post, only 1 post questioned the need for the thread, the other 13 posts just happened to think the idea had no merit

16. Law213 macrumors newbie

True, this is probably some misplaced anger from other threads.....

17. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

Would you be this self-righteous in a real conversation?

18. Law213 macrumors newbie

I think many people would be, if they see the types of behavior in real life, evidenced on here on a regular basis.

But, as I said, I think my anger may be a result of other threads more than this one, this one just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Plus, self-righteous indicates that I think I'm better. I don't. I simply don't have this one fault...I have plenty of other faults.

By the way, when does your new MBP come in? Didn't you order one in the last day or two?

19. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

I ordered it, then cancelled at the last second after deciding to wait just a little while longer in hopes of a 3/9 or 3/16 release date. I'm such an idiot.

Anyway, my point was just that internet forums have an inherently different dynamic than a regular conversation, so drawing the parallel and expecting one to have the same rules/mannerisms as the other just isn't realistic. If we all used our real names I'm guessing that would be a little different. Personally I'm afraid of having my personal info on the interwebs as it is. Being a licensed/board certified professional it's already disconcerting enough how much people can find out about me just knowing my name.

20. Law213 macrumors newbie

I walked into best buy, touched the MBP again (it was creepy, I don't think the MBP liked it) and almost bought. It gets harder and harder. Ebay, BB, craigslist, refurb stores.....so much temptation to make a move now and try to sell later....frustrating.

Either way, welcome back to the wait, remember how terrible it feels?

21. enberg macrumors regular

Man, I'd buy a 10" Macbook Air in a heartbeat if they offered one. Not that they ever will.

22. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I'm just waiting for the 13" iPad w/ keyboard dock announcement that takes the place of a MacBook refresh. I'll be curious to see what they add to create the Ipad Pro :eek:

23. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

A 1024x768, 9" screen on a notebook...just to push iPads? Yuck...that would be the gimmickiest gimmick ever.