New MBPs with Multitouch... but where's the touchpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lamina, Feb 26, 2008.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I was pretty excited to see that multitouch has been added to the new MBPs, even though I won't be getting one any time soon.

However, as a few have mentioned, the trackpad looks exactly the same on the MBP as it always has. We all know the multitouch trackpad on the Air is bigger, so why hasn't the MBPs changed?

Maybe they haven't fully updated the pictures yet?

2. Littlehoof macrumors member

shame hey

I'm pretty sure they have updated the pictures because if you look closely at those pictures on their website you will see the keyboard configuration has changed slightly - look specifically at the command key immediately left and right of the spacebar...

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Or maybe they just didn't want to spend the money for a redesign of the case when they know what is coming in the summer!

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

haven't you guys learned anything yet? APPLE loves to stick with " CLASSIC" designs.. so i don't think there'll be an Aluminum MAcbook or a major hardware upgrade with the MBPs.:cool:

5. woddy macrumors member

did u notice that the green notification light for the iSight is gone?

greets

6. macguitarhero macrumors newbie

iSight light

Either that or it's now like the Bluetooth Keyboard. The new super thin keyboard has a notification light, it's just behind the metal. The material in front of the light is translucent. It looks normal when the light is off, but when the light is on, you can see the light.

7. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

The current size is plenty big enough for multi-touch and the trackpad itself has always been capable of multi-touch, it just needed the Broadcom BCM5974 controller (same as iPhone/iPod Touch/MBA) to enable advanced gestures.

8. GAS macrumors regular

It's under the metal and has been like that for a while now.