New MBP's With Projectors?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hazyb71, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Hazyb71 macrumors member

Ok, I know we aren't expecting much other than a processor, hard drive, and battery upgrade. But doesn't Apple typically lower or maintain the same prices? And I have my doubts about the iX chips being in such low demand that Apple couldn't release the MBP's earlier... Tons of manufacturer's that run Windows had no trouble getting fully stocked with laptops that have the new chipset.

I think it was in Apple's best interest to lag it for a few reasons:

1) iPad hype - I know people say it's a completely different product but still - if people have money and the MBP dropped first, there would be many people who would've bought that, leaving them hardly any more money to buy the iPad.
    2) Maybe there were significant upgrades that really would take Macs to the next level, and these upgrades would take time, so that would be all the more reason to wait a bit longer.

I'm not going to go off on a huge rabbit trail, but my point is the prices have been bumped and we recently saw a patent from Apple that showed a mini-projector projecting from the side of what appeared to be a MBP. Could this justify the price bump and lag time? If not, what do you think made them bump the prices up?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple patents things which will never make it to the stores. It's extremely unlikely that there will be projector Mac in neat future.

Prices usually remain the same though sometimes they see a 100$ drop

3. Mindinversion macrumors 6502

Mindinversion

And on this you would be correct. the arrandale processors (so the story goes) were NOT low in demand. They were simply low on supply.

And that's their story and they're stickin' to it ;)

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Better graphics, discrete graphics in the low-end 15" model. That is what raised the price (if those prices are even accurate).

5. Hazyb71 thread starter macrumors member

Whoops! I meant supply* haha :p