New MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nikklaus, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Nikklaus macrumors member

I'm pretty close to getting a MBP and I've heard rumours that there are possibly new ones scheduled for January 08. If this is true I'll probably wait until then but if its too much longer I'd probably get one of the current ones around then.

I spoke to a guy in Solutions Inc today about the new ones and he personally doesn't have any idea when they're due, but he reckons the consensus is that its been so long and one must be coming soon. He also said he thinks they will take out the dvd player for a slim version? I don't really like the sound of that.

Basically I'd like to know if you guys have any idea of what's happening?

Cheers

2. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Add to the 'MBP Rumours' list. Everything is a guess. Personally, buy something now which has all/most of the bugs hammered out or get the bleeding edge, and lose a few litres of blood in the process.

3. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

The current MBP is a great machine, we may see an upgrade in april 2008, Idont think they are going to be updated anytime soon.

4. goranius macrumors newbie

I concur

5. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

April? Bit too long!Especially with these new penryn processors coming out way before then!

I would have thought it would be updated before then.

Anyway aren't the ultra portable mac book pros coming out in Jan?

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

No one knows but apple, but they were just updated in June so april seems more likely, but january is possible

7. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I just ordered the new 2.6 ghz mbp because frankly they are bad a$$ machines. Also, I figure when the new mbp comes out if its a complete redesign, we wont see it until mid 2008. Ill sell in late 2008 and get a new one when the bugs are exposed, because these machines maintain value so well.

Im very happy about my decision even though there may be a new design right around the corner:D

8. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Bought mine 30 days ago, just like in the past I stop thinking about upgrades to a newer machine for the next 2 years....