New MB's don't have Boot Camp Assistant loaded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gutefahrt, Nov 4, 2007.

1. gutefahrt macrumors member

After trying to load Boot Camp in my Santa Rosa BlackBook, and not finding the assistant in the Utilities folder, I found this answer, and it worked:

Hello,

I called Apple support this morning, and they guided me to the Boot Camp package on the setup CD - just put the Install Disc 1 in, then in Finder, to to Go -> Go To Folder... and put

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages

in the dialogue box. There you should see BootCamp.pkg. Running that with all the defaults puts the Boot Camp Assistant in /Applications/Utilities/

2. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

this should be stickied... i've seen several posts wondering about this issue.

3. gutefahrt thread starter macrumors member

Seems strange that this thing left China without a chunk of Leopard installed. I wonder what else is missing.

4. cmaier macrumors G3

this was posted on apple's discussion boards

Hello,

I called Apple support this morning, and they guided me to the Boot Camp package on the setup CD - just put the Install Disc 1 in, then in Finder, to to Go -> Go To Folder... and put

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages
    in the dialogue box. There you should see BootCamp.pkg. Running that with all the defaults puts the Boot Camp Assistant in /Applications/Utilities/