New MBs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Starman27, Sep 28, 2007.

  1. Starman27 macrumors newbie

    Sep 28, 2007
    I have searched around because I hate being the guy who asks questions that have already been answered, but I didn't find anything, so here it goes. I am saving up to buy a new MB/MB pro, and I was wondering if there was any info circulating about when the next line up of Apple Laptops are supposed to be launched? I don't want to buy a new one just for upgrades to be released two months after that. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks all.
  2. Queso Suspended

    Mar 4, 2006
    The MacBooks received an update in the Summer but didn't include the Intel Santa Rosa chipset, which was becoming available at the time. Nobody outside of Apple knows for certain, but Apple may* update the MacBook line to include this chipset in late October/early November to get ready for the Christmas buying season. If nothing happens by then though, the next update probably won't be until January.

    To be honest I think this graphic sums up what you need to think about :)

    *speculation on my part.
  3. iBecks macrumors 6502

    Nov 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    This flowchart is excellent, it should be kept as a response to all the annoying "should I or shouldn't" I posts. :D
  4. Quiara macrumors regular


    Sep 17, 2007

    This -has- been asked. People speculate that there will be an update with Leopard (ultrathin MBP), or right before Christmas, or at MWSF, or even at the Paris Expo (though it's a bit late for that one now, isn't it?). Anyway, the short answer is "nobody knows." If you need a laptop now, get one now. If you feel like testing the waters and waiting a bit? Go for that.
  5. jediistar macrumors 6502

    Sep 17, 2007
    I'm in the exact same boat as I too want to make a macbook purchase but have been holding out for leopard. The rumors floating around of course attract my attention not for size but for possible "touchpad" changes etc.

    Whats available right now is perfect for my usage,both for browsing and school related activity. I love the shop and the screen size being 1' bigger than what I am using right now in my dell 700m is perfect, an extra inch of screen real estate would be great.

    I don't know if its worth holding out because I'm ok with whats available, sans leopard for the moment. I really want to purchase before the holiday season but without concrete information as to what is coming and when its going to be tough for all of us to make a purchase.

    I suppose at some point I may just pull the trigger and buy something and if something great comes out a few months later I'll just ask apple for a gift card, haha just kidding.

    OP...I feel your pain, let me know what you decide.
  6. Trepex macrumors 6502a


    Apr 5, 2007
    Ottawa, Canada
    Seriously? Did you honestly even try ONE search? Can you honestly say you even bothered to look at page one of the MacBook & Macbook Pro forum page?

    Why does everyone do that. At least just say "I'm too lazy to search but..." instead of the same old stupid "I looked really hard guys but yadda yadda".
  7. squeeks macrumors 68040


    Jun 19, 2007
    i was thinking the same thing, but looking, i dont see any "new macbook" threads on page one (there is a "new macbook pros" thread), there are also about 347 new macbook threads scattered throughout the entire macbook / macbook pro forum however...
  8. alljunks macrumors regular

    Apr 8, 2007
  9. DaBrain macrumors 65816


    Feb 28, 2007
    ERIE, PA
    Marked for future use! Well done!:)
  10. bld44 macrumors 6502

    Apr 21, 2007
    Fantastic flow chart. I might have to repost it some in the Mac Pro forum :D
  11. muttley1211 macrumors member

    Sep 11, 2007

Share This Page