Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple and Hermès have partnered up to launch a new Hermès-branded band for the Apple Watch, called Médor. Available in a "Noir Swift" black leather, the Médor band comes in Double Tour (38mm) and Single Tour (42mm) variations and joins the existing Hermès Apple Watch band lineup.

The design of the new Médor band is based on dog collars, according to Hypebeast, with pyramid-shaped studs that protrude from each end of the band. Dog collars were one of the first objects that Hermès produced.

hermesnewbands.jpg

Apple plans to release a new Apple Watch Series 3 Hermès model that features the Médor band and a new exclusive Hermès watch face inspired by the Carrick font.

The 38mm Double Tour Médor band will be priced at $589, while the 42mm Single Tour Médor band will be priced at $439, both of which are $100 more than standard Double and Single Tour bands. The Médor bands will be available from both Apple and Hermès stores starting on November 14.

Article Link: New 'Médor' Apple Watch Hermès Band Coming on November 14

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
My first thought as well.
[doublepost=1510255859][/doublepost]
I own a Apple Hermes Watch but this is dumb. Why would I want to wear a dog collar? I'll pass.
Fashion is a fickle industry. The Hermes bands change annually apart from the basic straps. However, the fact that they are selling this indicates that the Hermes partnership is working out for both companies.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
My first thought as well.
[doublepost=1510255859][/doublepost]
Fashion is a fickle industry. The Hermes bands change annually apart from the basic straps. However, the fact that they are selling this indicates that the Hermes partnership is working out for both companies.
I hope the partnership continues to work out well. I love the extra attention to detail that my Hermes series 2 has compared to my series 0.

I plan on keeping my series 2 for 3 years. Hopefully there will be a series 5 hermes edition in ~2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.