New Member; Familiar with Apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KidTurbo, May 8, 2011.

1. KidTurbo macrumors newbie

Allow me introduce myself mac forums. I have two passions/hobbies in my life that both start with the letter C. I call them my double C's, cars and computers. Since this is a mac forum, all my energy will be focused on computers, more specifically, apple computers :rolleyes:

DSC00491.JPG

DSC00490.JPG
    I have a macbook unibody(a1278) 2009 edition. I bought this computer on craigslist for 900 flat, came in like new condition with original box and accessories. Till this day, i haven't regretted that purchase. :)

In the time of having this macbook, i upgraded a few things. Nothing major or significant, but it helped. I took the computer apart to clean it after having for two years. I took this time to change the thermal paste to artic silver thermal paste, it runs an average of 20 degrees cooler(F) than before. The ram was upgraded to 1066 ddr3, 6gb. I upgraded my HD to an SSD. The SSD made huge improvments in start up, shut down, and application load times.

Attached Files:

2. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Welcome to MacRumors. Now, let me hazard a guess: is your second hobby cars?

3. KidTurbo thread starter macrumors newbie