NEW Member! Help Needed!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ness7, May 11, 2011.

1. Ness7 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone here in MacRumors :)

So I'm a new member and I REALLY need a help! :S

I'm not new in APPLE WORLD, in 2008 I bought my first Apple product which was an iPhone 3G and then the list goes on. Now an iPhone 4 user.

But the MAIN PROBLEM is: I decided to buy an iPad 2 but I DON'T KNOW WHICH: COLOR TO CHOSE and Which Connection type: Wifi or Wifi+3G ?

I'm leaning towards White but I don't know if the 3G version will be useful, but in the other hand I want to have a connection to the internet where ever I am, e.x. I would love to have internet connection when I'm in my car.

So if you can help me a BIT I will really be glad and also a NEW iPad 2 Owner just like you guys :):apple:

Thank in advance,

Ness.:)

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Welcome...
    For me it would be simple:
    Black ... In line with my iPhone. They are like twins ...
    3G ? not really needed if you have iPhone. Maybe check if hotspot is an option for you.
    I have 3G but not often in use as I mostly have a wifi around. A mobile/ pocket wifi router might be better.
    Enjoy MR

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you have to pay for tethering anyway and can afford it, get the 3G. You'll also get GPS.

4. rav16 macrumors member

Go in apple store and play with both the units and you by yourself decide which to go for I wanted black then I played with both and then finally got the White I liked it more . I took a wifi model because incase I want 3G I can always turn my mobile hot spot from my phone and get connected . But you know ur lifestyle better so won't comment on which one you should go for . As far as colour goes both look sexy and sleek what makes u feel good and great in real must be your colour in the end .

5. NateJamesMeyers macrumors member

Tethering is SOO much better, or just buying one of those portable internet box thingys (totally drawing a blank as to what theyre called, too lazy to search it) Cheaper in the long run

6. kindaobsessed macrumors member

The hot spot on your phone or a MIFI device is a better investment as you can connect up to five devices, so if you need to get online through your laptop you can.

7. Ness7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your kind answers :)

I already decided which one, it will be "White 32GB 3G"

Why White: I wanted something different than usual apple iPad and iPhone, also I like more the White color.

Why 32 GB: I think 64 is just to big for me, and the 16gb is just to small, and the 32 is in between them and satisfies my needs. Usually web-surfing, Music, Movies, Apps and apps.

Why Wifi+3G: I think where I live here are not so many Wi-Fi hotspots free and sometimes I may need Connection immediately so I decided to go with 3G also it will have GPS too, cuz' I think to use mi iPad in my car too.

I think and I'm sure that I will be happy with my decision.

Ness.:):apple:

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If you are going to be taking your ipad out and are willing to spend the extra cash then go for it.

i have the 16GB wifi only....I would never use it away from home unless I go away on hoilday but even then I doubt I would use it for anything but games or movies/tv which you don't need internet for if you add them on.

All depends on if you will take your ipad out with you, i would just my iphone 4 for internet when away from home.

If I bought an ipad with 3G I would never use my iphone. It all depends on if you will see it enough