New member needs help with 3gs Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by manawwas, Nov 12, 2011.

1. manawwas macrumors newbie

Hello everyone I have a problem with my Iphone 3gs. I bought this phone from someone who upgraded to the 4s and all I want is for it to work on my sim card which is not At&ts. The front screen is stuck on trying to activate but it will not read my sim card. i recently found out the software was upgraded to IOS 5.01. Is there anyway I can downgrade my software and if so how can I do that? When I try to read my phone through Itunes it doesnt tell me any info on the firmware. Please someone help and thanks in advance!

2. DryEyez macrumors 6502

I'll take a stab at this... I'm from the UK so I don't know how this 'activating your iPhone with your sim card' thing works across the pond but....

As 5.01 has just been released I don't think there is anyway yet to downgrade, however to activate the phone itself I would go to AT&T and get a pay as you go sim card (if you guys have those?) to just activate the phone so you can access it. Then wait for a jailbreak / unlock when the times comes with 5.01. As it has just been released you may be waiting a few ....months.

Hope that helps in some small way

3. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not an AT&T user anymore, and haven't been since the 3GS, but I don't think you do anything. I think you are shafted at this point as 5.0 is not unlockable, neither is 5.0.1, not even by Gevey. So, maybe u can find some sort of other wild unlocking solution but the way I understand it, 5.0 is not downgradeable even with blobs. Which u would likely not have seeing as how u just got the phone. Sorry for the bad news, hope I'm wrong.