Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Nintendo's gone nuts :eek:

Bets as to how long it'll take for the media (notably Jack Thompson) to get wind of an ad that shows people playing a shooter inside an airport?

Is Nintendo crazy, or brilliant (as it may easily create a media storm)?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
The ad is crap because it doesn't really play to the strengths of the game.

I don't know why you would think this would create a "media storm" it's not controversial at all.

And how is Metorid a FPS?

(Clicks link... "CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN.." close window)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Now that's poor.

It's hard to tell which is worse, the American Wii adverts with the Japanese chaps cropping up. Or the UK ones that have no music and just show the people playing the game (no recurring actors). Still it seems to be the only adverts we get here these days! So it's a start.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
The ad is crap because it doesn't really play to the strengths of the game.

I don't know why you would think this would create a "media storm" it's not controversial at all.

And how is Metorid a FPS?

(Clicks link... "CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN.." close window)

Dangit, the advertisers keep sneaking them past us (very poor advertisers, but the good ones require over a million monthly pageviews). I'll get that one pulled.

Metroid's not a FPS. But the general public who watch this video will see a shooter game; they have no idea it's an adventure game.

With the sheer paranoia we're seeing about airports and weapons these days in the US, I can't see this going without even a slight mention...

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Wow, in no way is that controversial.

Personal MP3 looks a lot like a FPS, I know Nintendo isn't saying it is...but it looks like Prime:Hunters, which is an FPS(IMO)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I honestly don't see anything wrong with this...except it sucks. Nothing to get wind up about....people playing a game in the airport....ummmk

Things get blown out too often and theres certainly nothing here.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.