New Mighty Mouse anytime soon ???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Junk DNA, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Junk DNA macrumors regular

Junk DNA

I need to get a new Mighty Mouse and I'm wondering if there is any reason to believe they'll be new version coming out in the next 2 or 3 months ????

2. tefleming macrumors 6502

I don't think anyone knows for sure. The MM has been around for a while and is (imo) one of the least well designed Apple products on the market.

There are many other mice that merit consideration in the same price range.

3. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah i mean i get the whole "hidden" right click, but those "squeeze" buttons are totally a joke...

5. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Agreed, I don't think i've ever actually had ANY use for them, ever.

6. blueicedj macrumors 6502

I love the squeeze buttons, I find it the most useful thing about the mouse. I'd toss it out if it weren't for the squeeze function...I've just got so used to squeezing to make expose come up

7. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I had a similar question a while ago and I broke down and bought the mighty mouse. Basically, I'm on a laptop and I wanted a mouse that I didn't have to plug and unplug from my MBP. On top of this, the MBP has a measily two usb ports and I didn't want my mouse taking up one of them.

Basically I wanted a bluetooth mouse to reduce clutter and one+ month after purchase I am quite happy actually. I switch between using the multi-touch track pad and the mouse.

One of my original problems with the MM was that it didn't look ergonomic, but by switching between the two I've felt no discomfort at all. When I used the trackpad alone for 2 months or so I was feeling discomfort which is the main reason I was prompted to buy an external mouse.

The MM is a little sucky for gaming in windows but I've been using it and it works. I am not at all a serious gamer though, obviously.

Anyways, who knows when Apple will update the might mouse. I would say not anytime soon since they just released the new iMacs with the same mouse and a slightly modified keyboard.

8. 3247 macrumors regular

The worst part of the MM is the scroll ball. It gets dirty and stops working -- just like the ball on the bottom in old, pre--optical-mice times.

Therefore, the rumors of a new MM with MultiTouch scrolling (and maybe zooming, etc.) sound very promising.

(BTW, I disabled the squeeze buttons as I triggered them accidentally all the time.)