New Mighty Mouse??? Not available at apple online store!!

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Didn't work for me. The button to buy now is grayed out.

I don't think this means a new MM. Steve would have debuted it with the iMac, and the whole MM page would be down, not just the store page.

gallinger

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
Canada
Ya Same, Its not working for me either. Weird would be cool if they were coming out with a new one to go with the new keyboard!

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
When I called about my Order Status regarding the upgrade to iLife 08, the girl also mentioned that I was receiving the new wireless Mighty Mouse. I kinda shrugged it off since I heard nothing about it, but reading this, it could be true. It was delivered today so when I get home I'll find out if its new.

MacPossum

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Different Mighty Mouse

I found this on MacNN. Looks like the changed the color of the two squeeze buttons, at least I think..

Other products have received minor, cosmetic updates. Both the wired ($50) and wireless ($70) Mighty Mice are now coated in white on the sides, rather than gray. The Apple Remote ($30) is actually entirely the same, but the wording of its packaging is said to have been modified for "North America compliancy reasons."
http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/08/08/airport.extreme.goes.giga/

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
Just opened the box to my Wireless Mighty Mouse, the buttons definitely look a lot lighter than in the pics on the internet. I wouldn't call them white, more of an off white, incredibly light gray. Other than that, it looks the same. Only a few minutes with it and I love it! Side buttons are perfectly placed for the way I hold it, scroll wheel is amazing, its ability to sense left and right click is excellent.

Sorry for the iffy quality, I took it with my camera phone. Now that I look at it, it looks no different than the old one: