New Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by beppo, Apr 7, 2008.

1. beppo macrumors member

If apple comes out with a new mighty mouse I have an idea for it. The some of the top and mostly the front would have a trackpad-like smoothness, the rest would be the plastic thats easy to grab ahold of. The front's trackpad-like part would replace the little ball thats up there for scrolling. There would also be settings inside the computer where you could make it like a tap to click as in regular laptop trackpads or for presentations/photo slide shows (wireless bluetooth version) use it as a clicker.

What do you think?

PS: there is standard right/left clicking buttons and the lovable exposé squeeze buttons on the side. And there could also be a center button for dashboard but it wouldn't be as obvious as the center scroll ball button.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i think what you are suggestions has already been rumored as the next update

good idea though

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

just use a normal mouse... there are tons to choose from, made by lots of different and very good companies... they are pretty cheap... and they work soooo much better than the mighty mouse...

4. Bendy Walker macrumors regular

Bendy Walker

Meh, I love the Mighty Mouse. I love how it feels, and how the scroll ball works, and the squeezy buttons on the side. It's made for a Mac (exposé, dashboard). I just wish that I could use it for playing World of Warcraft (I have to get another mouse out for that) because the right-clicking isn't so good when you're getting chased by an army of angry Alliance.

5. macintel4me macrumors 6502

Trying to accurately right-mouse click on a Mighty Mouse is such a project! So frustrating!

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I find it pretty cool as well.

It does have some limitations, but once you get used to it's pretty sweet.

Just takes time.

What I did that helped me, is that I over exaggerated the lift up of my left button finger. As I got better, I lowered my left button finger until it was almost touching.

I use the term left button finger, because sometimes I use my index finger and others my middle finger as my left button finger.

7. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I've never had problems with it.

8. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I like the MM as well, but I agree, right-clicking isn't always 100%. I accurately right-click about 70% of the time.

9. munson macrumors 6502

munson

HORDE FOR LIFE!

Ha ha ha, but, I share your pain. Right clicking works, but not always in a pinch, and it can be costly sometimes, if you know what I mean. Aside from that, though, I <3 my Mighty Mouse.