New Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stimpycat, Apr 30, 2008.

1. stimpycat macrumors regular

Is there a new mighty mouse out?

I brought mine about 8 months ago but it broke - UPS just delivered a new one to me from Apple and it feels completely different - compared to my old one the button action is ultra unresponsive, I have to really hold down the mouse button hard for it to register as a 'click'. The noise it makes is also 10x louder.

It's horrible.

Is this a new design or have I got a dud?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Apple might have refined it over that time but there is no new design. Sounds like a dud.

I recently bought a VX Nano and I can safely safe it blows the MM out of the water.

3. operator207 macrumors 6502

I had a wired MM before. It broke, but that was my fault.

I just got ~1 month ago a BT MM. From a local electronics store. I have no clue what age it is, as it could easily be from the first batch of BT MM's that were produced.

Regardless, it works fine. I do not have to push hard nor do I have a loud click from it.

However, I have taken the old one apart before, the button is just a micro switch with a rod pushing it down.

I would not be surprised if your "rod" is too small. Ok that didn't come out right, but I am sure you get what I am saying. Its shorter than what it would be, so your having to push farther than normal, which means your "bottoming out" the case.

I would send it back, and get another one.