New MightyMouse behavior?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacForMeOneDay, Aug 15, 2008.

1. MacForMeOneDay macrumors member

I have a 24inch 2.8GHz iMac bought Thanksgiving of 2007.
    I convinced my mom to buy a 20inch 2.66 iMac this month. It worked fine for 2 weeks then shutdown and would not boot at all. Took it back to the Apple store, they replaced it on the spot.

So the new 20inch is also doing fine, but I noticed this mouse behavior on both 20in 2.66 machines.
    If you hold the mighty mouse in your hand with both fingers over the effective button1 and button3 spots and you move in the slightest the mouse sends a button4.
    What is really odd, the mouse from my 2.8 24in will do it too, but only if its plugged into the 20inch. And the 20inch's mouse doesn't do it if plugged into the 24inch.

It did this right out of the box, and after all the Al Keyboard and Software updates.

Is this some new behavior? It's very annoying, because I can't hold the mouse without setting off button4 now. So I've just set button4 to be off. Or is there a setting I'm missing that is causing this?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have this happen once in a while, I blamed it on a software issue. It doesn't happen that often, so I don't worry about it.

TEG

3. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

I ADORE my Mighty Mouse, can't understand all the hate for it, it's brilliant. :D

4. MacForMeOneDay thread starter macrumors member

I didn't say anything about hating it????
    I just want it to NOT do this odd behavior. I'm not even blaming the mouse. The mouse works fine when not connected to that particular computer.

:D

5. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Haha I didn't mean you, just in general on these boards. ;)

6. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

7. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Are you kidding me? This is the best mouse I've had, hands down, the most comfortable and useful. :)

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I love my MM..... i need another one, but can't swing it right now. I'd even take a wired one!

9. Metuas macrumors regular

Metuas

The mighty mouse is beautiful, comfortable, creative, and has great features. IF ONLY I COULD GET the two mouse buttons to actually click the right one reliably....I would use it more.

10. passingXstorm macrumors regular

Ditto, great design, would love it if it had two physical buttons. This is why I will be throwing mine in the trash as soon as I replace it. It's the most unusable mouse I've ever used. Why is it so hard for Apple to make a 2 buttoned mouse?

11. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

I have the wireless MM and cannot duplicate your problem on my 24: 3Ghz iMac.