Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I'm getting rid of my late '09 mini and replacing it with the latest model. I got tired of dealing with the mini display port to HDMI adaptor and digital audio to toslink being separate and finding ways to get both the audio and video going through HDMI. I use Plex exclusively and never even deal with playing iTunes content. Everything is MKV (using MakeMKV) and M4v (using Handbrake on the high profile setting). I'm assuming all will be well when I tell the new mini to send the 5.1 out through HDMI. Is there anything else I need to have installed or will I be good to go.

Thanks.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I'm getting rid of my late '09 mini and replacing it with the latest model. I got tired of dealing with the mini display port to HDMI adaptor and digital audio to toslink being separate and finding ways to get both the audio and video going through HDMI. I use Plex exclusively and never even deal with playing iTunes content. Everything is MKV (using MakeMKV) and M4v (using Handbrake on the high profile setting). I'm assuming all will be well when I tell the new mini to send the 5.1 out through HDMI. Is there anything else I need to have installed or will I be good to go.

Thanks.

Yes it'll be fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.