iPad mini New mini with iOS 7? Will I be able to JailBreak it?

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I have been waiting for the iPad mini 2 since the release of the mini. My main reason to wait a retina and clearer text to make it my daily reader.

Will it come with iOS 7? Will I be able to down grade if it does?

I am asking this because I always jailbreak my devices and wait for the JB before upgrading to the new iOS release. Apple just restricts the use too much for my uses.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I have been waiting for the iPad mini 2 since the release of the mini. My main reason to wait a retina and clearer text to make it my daily reader.

Will it come with iOS 7? Will I be able to down grade if it does?

I am asking this because I always jailbreak my devices and wait for the JB before upgrading to the new iOS release. Apple just restricts the use too much for my uses.
Nobody knows. Almost surely no.

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
I guess I should clarify. With the release of beta iOS 7 has anyone checked to see if current jailbreaks work or most likely will work on release?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
There's nothing stopping you jailbreaking it - if you know of any exploits on unannounced hardware and unreleased software.

343matt

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
Downgrade

As iOS 7.0 will probably be the first available firmware for it, there wont be a downgrade available. As for jailbreak, we'll all have to wait and see what the devs have for us.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Generally, new devices will not work with an earlier release than the version they ship with. An iPad mini2 will almost certainly not work with iOS 6, assuming it ships with iOS 7.

tekkifi

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2012
IIRC Devs have a working exploit that they were waiting for iOS7 to use, so if you do buy an iPad Mini 2 and it is on iOS7, you probably wouldn't have to wait too long before jailbreaking.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
IIRC Devs have a working exploit that they were waiting for iOS7 to use, so if you do buy an iPad Mini 2 and it is on iOS7, you probably wouldn't have to wait too long before jailbreaking.
That is *IF* Apple doesn't close the exploit in the general release.