New MMS Features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marco114, Nov 10, 2009.

1. marco114 macrumors 6502

marco114

Is this new? I don't recall being able to send audio or video.

Now with MMS support from AT&T, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS customers can send any type of message – text, photos, audio, video, and more.

Start Messaging

To enable MMS messaging, connect your iPhone to your computer and click "Check for Update" in iTunes. Once the update is completed, restart your iPhone by turning it off then on again. Note that iPhone OS 3.1 is required so you may need to perform that software update first. Once you connect to iTunes, you will be prompted through the correct steps.
    For more information about enabling MMS on your iPhone, see Apple's support site at: www.apple.com/support/iphone/.

NOTE: MMS messaging is only available for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Original iPhone customers will continue to use www.viewmymessages.com to receive picture messages.

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

I've always been able to send video and audio. :confused:

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I've been sending audio files to my friends since launch.

Much to their dismay :D

4. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Video was released with Picture messaging Via MMS. But Audio files has always been a feature.

5. marco114 thread starter macrumors 6502

marco114

funny, it was just posted to my at&t account about an hour ago.. i guess the marketing dept is behind.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

7. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Do all of you who have been able to send video via MMS since launch have 3G or 3GS? I have a 3G, am still on firmware 3.0, and can't send anything but pictures.

8. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

you can send audio recordings.... cant send video bc your iphone doesnt record

9. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

But you can't send audio and a picture... and you can't forward audio and a picture at the same time... unless i'm doing something wrong.