Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

senojscott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
Was wondering if you guys could help me out. I had to have my iPhone replaced at the Apple Store on Saturday due to spots in the lens which were also showing up in pics. When they went to replace it they realized they were out of inventory on a black 16gb i5 ATT. They found it very odd, so I asked to check the other stores in Pittsburgh area so I could get it taken care of that day. Just so happened all other 4 stores around were out of stock also. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

Once it was ordered I received it Tuesday and noticed the model number was NE486LL/A. I was curious if my model would work on the T-Mobile network. I googled and only received 1 hit..... So I decided to come here and ask the gurus.

I googled the model number to realize it had 1 hit..
NE486LL/A
NE486LL
Can anyone provide any info on this model?

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,918
Last edited:

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
ME486LL/A is the new unlocked iPhone 5 that works with T-Mobile and AT&T (NE486LL/A just means it's a refurbished/replacement). It is the same as the old AT&T model except it adds support for the AWS bands.

They are probably out of the old model since they no longer manufacture it. The ME486LL/A model replaces it.

jts2

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
Was wondering if you guys could help me out. I had to have my iPhone replaced at the Apple Store on Saturday due to spots in the lens which were also showing up in pics. When they went to replace it they realized they were out of inventory on a black 16gb i5 ATT. They found it very odd, so I asked to check the other stores in Pittsburgh area so I could get it taken care of that day. Just so happened all other 4 stores around were out of stock also. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not.

Once it was ordered I received it Tuesday and noticed the model number was NE486LL/A. I was curious if my model would work on the T-Mobile network. I googled and only received 1 hit..... So I decided to come here and ask the gurus.

I googled the model number to realize it had 1 hit..
NE486LL/A
NE486LL
Can anyone provide any info on this model?

Dude. There is a separate thread that is going on the same subject.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1572942/

If you are not sure if you have AWS Tmo, do this:
Dial *3001#12345#* to go into Field Test mode.
UMTS Cell Environment -> UMTS RR Info -> UARFCN.

Remember this will change again to Downlink Frequency after like 10 seconds. The Downlink Frequency (It is actually the channel number: Same as UARFCN).

If it is one of these, then you are on AWS T-Mo AWS.
1537–1738 additional 1887, 1912, 1937, 1962, 1987, 2012, 2037, 2062, 2087

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS_frequency_bands

Also, as a rule of thumb, if your serial number ends with any of these, then that is another indication you have Tmo AWS.

FH19
FH1C
FH1D
FH1F
FH1G
FH1H

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5720
Hope that helps!

NOJAIL101

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
Ne486ll/a ??????

i bought a factory unlockeed at&t iphone 5 offline 16gb all the model numbers factory unlocked i see on ebay are different then mine. can someone help me and tell me what does the model number mean mines is bought with no contract in march online apple store 2013

model # NE486LL/A

----------

sorry to resurrect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.