new monitor suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by scooterguitar, Apr 10, 2008.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

I am brand new to macs with my new macbook and love it for my creative side.

So I am looking to actually get a 22" monitor for my pc which has the old style multi pin conncectors.
    I do know the ones I look at have that old style option and the DVI option which I could use with a convertor/connector for my macbook.

I just need larger. I would use it with my macbook only for garageband on occasion, but 99% of the time with my pc. I do not watch dvds, etc. Basic internet and colleg stuff so I am looking for a more affordable monitor, such as bestbuy has on sale the LG's for around $270 which appear great to me.

Thing is when I check out specs online, most of the ones in my size and price range only say compatible with pc's, not apple. Is this true? Shouldn't any of them work with either or basically?
    Thanks

2. ceres macrumors regular

They work with either. There are many capable 22in monitors out there.
    I like LGs Flatron L227WT. You should be able to get this device locally for 270.

3. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That was the one I wa slooking at but it is backordered and I am looking to buy tomorrow, argh.
    bestbuy's website says that model only for the pc.

Would this one work
    LG - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor
    Model: W2252TQ-TF

4. ceres macrumors regular

It would as would any 22in TFT I have ever seen.
    However, the currently backordered one is a very good monitor. The one you mentioned hasn´t received much attention so I´d look for another vendor for the 227WT.

5. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

thnaks again.
    this next ? is pretty dumb, but...everything will be BIGGER, right? I've never had bigger than a 15" in my life!
    Thanks

6. ceres macrumors regular

not everything :D

7. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM