New Monitor/TV...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DeusInvictus7, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Hey guys, I need a bit of help here.

I am looking to buy a new monitor/HDTV pretty soon. The thing that has me stumped is whether I want it more for the extended desktop use, or if I want it more for the gaming use.

These are what I am looking for in a monitor/HDTV:

• At least 24".
    • Has to be at least 1080p resolution.
    • Needs to have HDMI (PS3), DVI (Macbook) and possibly some USB ports.
    • Speakers would be nice, but if not, it has to have some way of outputting sound from the HDMI to some speakers, so a headphone jack.
    • A remote would be nice. :D

Ok, so far the monitors that I have looked at and liked were the Samsung T240HD, and the BenQ V2400W.

What I like about the Sammy and the BenQ is the 1:1 Pixel Mapping, so when I have my PS3 hooked up, it won't stretch the picture. From the reviews that I have read for both, the BenQ seems to have better picture quality and less input lag, but what the Sammy has is more inputs and the TV tuner. Both monitors look amazing, but it seems like the BenQ would match the macbook better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. tgelston macrumors newbie

I was looking for exactly the same thing. Ended up with a
    ASUS VW246H and am very happy. Doesn't have any USB ports but has everything else you are looking for and I happy with the pic quality.

3. DeusInvictus7 thread starter macrumors 68020

Hmm, I hate how there are so many choices! :rolleyes:

I was at Futureshop with my dad a couple days ago, and we were looking at 32inch 1080p TVs, and now I'm looking at those...UGH! :eek:

Quick question, Do you use a macbook connected to that monitor? How is the 16:9 aspect ratio?