New Monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shfreelance, Jan 9, 2009.

1. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

I am considering buying a new monitor in about 2 months. I am willing to pay the Apple premium for there glorified monitors. What? There like art and don't look like heap of cheap plastic. But I currently have an iMac and plain to buy a mac pro on there next update. As I am doing find with the iMac for now, just not with the monitor. But do see the need, for more power. I was originally looking at the 23" ACD, but they no longer have it listed. The Apple store still has a few left and so does BestBuy. But then I started looking at the 24" ACD, that kinda cheap looking display, the one that is LED. Now I am wanting this for PhotoShop and Video Editing. How well are the colors on the LED model, do they have the same panel as the other ACD's? Will the current LED work on the Mac Pro and iMac for the moment. The guy at the Apple store could not answer. As I sworn I read somewhere that it works with only the Mac Book, Mac Book Pro, and Mac Book Air.

Thanks,
    Steven

Hope this makes since, not on my iMac. It's down at the moment, stupid me. I am on painkillers for my jaw and looking at a 15" CRT on a Single Core AMD with Vista. Also this is an horrid keyboard...

Edit: Also, I want to make sure it's an Model that's going to be around a while. Because when I get the Mac Pro, 3 months latter I would like to buy a Monitor.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can't use the LED Cinema Display with anything but the newest MacBook line.

The "guy at the Apple Store" needs fired if he doesn't know that.

3. shfreelance thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, I see... That crosses that off the list and where did the 23" model go? I don't want really want an 20" ACD and surely can't justify an 30" ACD and it won't run on the iMac as it is. So I take it either Apple is updating there line or is being stupid?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I believe the 20" will be discontinued and the 30" will receive similar treatment to that of the 23" in making it LED, glossy, giving it speakers, and an iSight.

There are 23"s on eBay.

5. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

I'm in the same boat i've been waiting for Apple 30 inch LED for the longest saved up $3200 sense I bought my Mac Pro last February and still putting away more money every month because i don't know how much the LED 30 inch are going to cost, it may go up or remain the same price as the current ACD but with the money I saved i can buy a new Mac Pro if I wanted to but I want my 30 inch LED nothing like a resolution of 2560 x 1600 crazy, but if you can get your hands on a 23 inch ACD buy it, i've haven't heard anything when apple plans to update the remaining Cinema display line but hope when the new Mac Pro arrives it will be out, I got my money ready just waiting on Apple.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes this is correct (and stupid) but I will say that the 24" LED is the best LED buy since it has the premium panel. If they do put out a 30" LED they best hope they have a matte option. Professionals and glossy do not seem to mix.

7. shfreelance thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I may pic it up next month or two. They have a few around town, I am on e-mail list if they drop below a certain number. Since they said they will no longer get them in. But I want to buy it new, so I can get Apple Care, so no ebay there. Also, when I get my Mac Pro, I want to be able to pick up a second matching monitor. So that's what worries me about the 23" ACD. I would wait and get a 30". But the Apartment I am looking at, will be better suited for two 23/24" Monitors VS one 30".

8. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

but imagine two 24 inch led ACD that will be crazy, when the new Mac Pro comes out i'm sure it will be supported mini display-port but don't know if it will be dual display-ports so that you can hook up two 24 inch that will be cool if it can do that, if you want a matching set i'll wait until Apple ships desktops LED ACD it will be worth it, i'm definitely waiting for the new LED ACD, i'm not buying the current ones their to old.

9. shfreelance thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, I guess I will pic up Aperture 2 next month. Maybe get a new iPod later with a Polk Audio Sound dock. May just wait to buy the ACD with the Mac Pro. I have a feeling, they will release them on the same day. I am in no hurry, hopefully when I have the money together, they will be released. If not I will wait, I am in no hurry. The iMac will do just find. Only reason I want the Mac Pro is for Aperture and Final Cut Pro.

But dual screen mean while would be nice, lol.