New Monitors for Medical Imaging...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MAC-PRO-DEMON, Apr 9, 2009.

1. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

I am pondering on whether to get 2* 24" Led Cinema Displays for my Mac Pro... In my office at the moment... I have a setup where by I have my new Nehalem Mac Pro connected up to two 20.8" Totaku Medical Displays... (CCL352i2) which are colour... but also have a 10BIT LUT so showing 1021 Grey shades... It does up to 2048x1536 and is 3MP it has 600:1 Contrast so is pretty damn good!!!

I have had no problems with these so far... but... I always am interested in new technologies...

What I really want to do... Is to send these two monitors home... and hook them up to my old Mac Pro which is currently on two 30" Apple Monitors... (For Tele-Radiology)

I would like to know whether the monitors in my office could be replaced by two Led Cinema Displays... I am not bothered by the glossy factor... but if anyone can recommend me in another direction... it should preferably be able to Turn around into Portrait/Landscape.... and be around 20-30".... oh.... and under £5000....

Thanks,
    Jack

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

You are probably better off asking here: http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78

I'm not sure from you post why you want to change your displays around, so can't really offer you some specific options. There are many very good displays out there for a lot less than £2,500 each. However I can only speak in regards to non-critical uses (i.e art).

Personally I feel NEC offer one of the best ranges for those concerned with quality and price. http://www.necdisplay.com/ Samsung have some high end LED displays in the XL20, XL24 and XL30 and the HP LP2480xz is also LED backlitEizo are another high end company to buy from. But I don't know how they hold up for medical work. I guess you'd need to contact the companies involved if you aren't sure.

Barco, Eizo, NEC, Panasonic and Totaku are all names I associate with medical displays.