Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikee336

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
I think it looks more otterbox commuter-esque. I was thinking about ordering one to try it out but the shipping is $6 :confused:

mikee336

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
Still for $10 you can't beat it. I mean in my experience they make quality stuff. I use a lot of their HT gear in my installing and they never fail to amaze with how much you get for how much you paid

JeffreyDJ

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
The second case doesn't look bad. I'm not a fan of the first ones looks.

However, I can vouch for MonoPrice. There 6ft cables for iphone/ipad rock -- heavy duty, great quality. The 3ft are "normal" cables but are high quality as well.

I've been very happy with everything I've bought from them -- and it always arrive quickly.

JJ

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011
I just grabbed this one last week:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083111&p_id=8847&seq=1&format=2

The best case to compare this one to is an Otterbox Commuter (which I have as well in black). I actually feel the poly hard shell on the Monoprice case is a tad thicker and a bit stronger than my Otterbox version. My only complaint is that the charger/usb connector flap doesn't fit nice and tight like the Otterbox does but other than that you can't go wrong for under $4!

I needed some other accessories for my home theater like banana plugs and an HDMI cable so everything came to just under $15 with shipping :)

cainnovacaine

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
Chicago
I'm really happy with the second case. It isn't as thick as it looks and I know Monoprice offers lifetime replacement on non electronic items. Certainly worth $4!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.