New Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Brainless24, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Brainless24 macrumors member

I am purchasing a new mouse for my Macbook Pro (graphic designer) and I HATE the apple mouse etc. is this a good one to buy? It's is a Logitech M 185.

2. mpantone macrumors 6502

It's really personal preference.

All a pointing device does is move a cursor on the screen and record button clicks. Find one that does this to your liking and everyone else's opinion is completely irrelevant.

Reputable retailers offer reasonable return policies, so if you don't like what you bought, you should be able to return it for store credit with a minimal amount of hassle (and none of this restocking fee nonsense).

Just buy what appeals to you based on your previous experience, and enjoy. If you don't like it, bring it back and get something different. If you've using a computer for several years, you should have a pretty good idea of what sort of pointing peripherals appeal to you.

I personally dislike anything mounted on or in front of a keyboard, so I opt for a mouse or auxiliary trackpad (like Apple's Magic Trackpad) instead one of those track point ("pencil eraser") nubs or notebook trackpad. That's just me.

Based on personal observation, it appears that many people are happy to use the built-in pointing device on their notebook computers. More power to them, one less device to haul around.

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

It's a "mobile" mouse so it's pretty small. Do you need the portability? I find that the mobile mice are less comfortable to use than regular size mice. I use a Logitech M510 with my Mac sometimes. It's comfortable and the side buttons are handy for forward and back on your browser.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-mouse-m510?crid=7

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Mouse compatibility depends on your hand size and how you hold the mouse. If you have tiny hands, you probably don't like the mouse I use. Vice versa.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have a late 2011 15 in hires antiglare MBP. I prefer the built in trackpad. I have a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse leftover from my 2008 Macbook. It gets turned on about 3 times a year when I'm doing some intense photo retouching and I love it. It works great. I have an Apple magic mouse sitting in a drawer that I never touch. I really should sell the magic mouse. I'd rather have the magic trackpad if I didn't already have such an excellent trackpad built in to my MBP.

6. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

You would do much better with the extra features of the M325, without busting your wallet.

7. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

It really is personal preference, I went to a local stores and held a whole bunch of them to see what fitted. I ended up going for a gaming mouse because sit was much heavier. I like that it feels Solid and has extra programable buttons and 3 dedicated buttons for changing the sensitivity. If I need really low sensitivity for a piece of work, click a button a couple of times and it's changed, then when I need to use it normally again, click another button and it's back to normal.

Go try a few if you can.

8. Brainless24 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thanks for everyone who replied. I guess I'll have to go to stores to look at mice, and not just online. :eek:

9. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

On friday I picked up a Logitech M510 for $10+tax :D

And as others have said it's best to go to a store and see what mouse fits in your hand the way you like it.

10. Giuly, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The Logitech Anywhere MX is currently on sale for $29.99. For that price it's not really worth looking at the lower-end ones.
    [​IMG]

11. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I recommend Logitech M705, its very comfortable for extended usage. The battery life is amazing on this thing, I have never had to change the battery and have been using it for over 2 years.

[​IMG]

12. sathi macrumors newbie

This mouse is just awesome..how much for this mouse..?

13. clukas, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Currently on sale on Amazon for $39.68, original price $49.99. Logitech also do other models, however this one is sufficient for me. Its a little costly for a mouse, but its been worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wire...&qid=1386845598&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+M705

I would also have a search on ebay, you may be able to get it there for less.

14. sathi macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your concern and support..
    Merry Christmas in advance mate... Enjoy your holidays

15. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

no worries ;).