New MP does it bring the OS DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by fabriciom, Mar 15, 2009.

1. fabriciom macrumors 6502

Im planning on getting a 1,5TB seagate as my main HDD and selling the one it brings. Does the MP brin the OS dvd?

-Thanks

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...of course. Every computer that Apple sells comes with an operating system install disk set. Now, having said that, they are almost always "restore" disks that are specific to that model com puter, and contain not just the OS but the bundles applications as well (like iLife for instance). A quick look at Apple's website and the specs of the machine will tell you exactly what it comes with....oh yeah!

3. fabriciom thread starter macrumors 6502

Does the duff-man happen to know the specs on the motherboard? What processors can it handle? Will there be something faster than the current 2,9 and will we be able to upgrade?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Which computer?

The quad core is a dead end.

The eight core SHOULD support dual 3.2 processors, but that's an absolute mind-numbing waste of time.

5. fabriciom thread starter macrumors 6502

Why would that be an absolute waste of time? I'm thinking of the 2,26 now and in 2-3 years upgrade to 3,2 if its available at a reasonable price.

6. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

If you want more technical spec about any mac, I suggest you this web site www.everymac.com
    There's a good details list about all macs and often what is supported. A good place to start looking.