New MPB: A little bit deeper/wider

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beau10, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

its that freaking black ring around the screen

3. MBX macrumors 65816

yep that's why and the stupid rounded corners.

now we've got a thicker border around the screen just because jony ive wants it to look like the imac.

4. Beau10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer... sure 1/20 of an inch thinner, but nearly a quarter inch wider and nearly that much deeper, and .1 lb heavier (CNet is wrong on the weight, I know Apple previously listed it at 5.4 lbs).

Will have to manhandle one at my local Apple store but based on specs this seems like it's going to be a perceptibly bulkier machine.

5. Beau10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Giving this guy a bump as it's had few views and haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else...

And hey, guess I'm a bit weird. This and fact that battery life is off by an hour using the discrete GPU are this the big minuses in my book. Don't care about the glass screen (my Penryn is glossy), don't care about the keyboard (use an aluminum wireless at my desk), don't care about the touchpad (don't ever use the button). Figure there might be a few others out there like me who put portability toward the top of their list (size and battery life).