New MPB Incase able to tilt all the way back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So Ive got the new aluminum MBP and got an incase shell for it. For the first few months I would open my screen and at about 90 degrees it would feel like it was about at the stopping point so I left it there, like the older ones.

I recently let a friend use it and not being familiar with the product he forced it a bit further before I could leap across the room and stop him, I heard a bit of a creak and it ended up going all the way back, as far as it would without a case. Everything seems to be in place but it really did sound like something broke, and I couldnt do this before without force. Is this normal?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Is it broken? If not its fine and probably normal. You could shave the back a little with an xacto to give more free clearance.

3. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

It dosent seem to be broken, but its odd to me that if this is the way its supposed to function that force was needed to make it posssible.

4. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

5. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

can somebody at least tell me how fars theirs tilts back? i know a lot of people here use incase products.

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

7. skorpien macrumors 68020

There's a picture of the MBP opened fully on incase's site.

http://goincase.com/products/detail/CL57186/5

This might give you a clue as to how far back it should go. My guess is if the picture is how far back yours is going, it wasn't snapped on properly and your friend forced it to snap into place by wrenching it the way he did...