New music video, "Sharks Don't Cry" ready to be viewed!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Artofilm, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Hey everyone,

I have just completed my newest production.
    This one is a music video. One which I was contracted to shoot through SuperNova.

It is a heavy metal song, so certain people may not like it too much. Although, I am mainly looking to see what people think about the style of filming and production.

Take a look: http://www.inblacklight.com/sharksdontcry.html

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Thanks for sharing that. Keep up the good work. I believe I saw your jib arm in a few of those shots, is that right?

Could you share a little about the process of making it? Did you use multiple cameras that you sinked up? Or did you shoot the video multiple times? What programs did you use?

P-Worm

3. Artofilm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

Glad you enjoyed it.

yes, there was a shot that incorporated the jib that I made, it did a pretty good job!
    We only used one camera, because of a tight budget. So we had to make the crowd and band re-do the song about 4 times while we changed the camera angles.

We did about 4 - 5 long shots of the band and crowd, and those were the only "full song" takes. All of the rest of the shots were taken in 10 - 20 second intervals.

I had to use soundtrack pro to cut certain parts of the song out, before shooting the production, so I wouldn't have to fast forward and rewind through the entire song. Instead I cut about 10 parts of the song up, into little songs and named them respectively.

I just finished editing up on Final Cut Studio (5.1.4) with my new Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core Xeon. Which held up very nice, for a stock machine. My iMac would have for sure crashed and burned under the stress!

Feel free to ask me questions.