Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Hey everyone,

I have just completed my newest production.
This one is a music video. One which I was contracted to shoot through SuperNova.

It is a heavy metal song, so certain people may not like it too much. Although, I am mainly looking to see what people think about the style of filming and production.

Take a look: http://www.inblacklight.com/sharksdontcry.html

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks for sharing that. Keep up the good work. I believe I saw your jib arm in a few of those shots, is that right?

Could you share a little about the process of making it? Did you use multiple cameras that you sinked up? Or did you shoot the video multiple times? What programs did you use?

P-Worm

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Thanks for sharing that. Keep up the good work. I believe I saw your jib arm in a few of those shots, is that right?

Could you share a little about the process of making it? Did you use multiple cameras that you sinked up? Or did you shoot the video multiple times? What programs did you use?

P-Worm

Glad you enjoyed it.

yes, there was a shot that incorporated the jib that I made, it did a pretty good job!
We only used one camera, because of a tight budget. So we had to make the crowd and band re-do the song about 4 times while we changed the camera angles.

We did about 4 - 5 long shots of the band and crowd, and those were the only "full song" takes. All of the rest of the shots were taken in 10 - 20 second intervals.

I had to use soundtrack pro to cut certain parts of the song out, before shooting the production, so I wouldn't have to fast forward and rewind through the entire song. Instead I cut about 10 parts of the song up, into little songs and named them respectively.

I just finished editing up on Final Cut Studio (5.1.4) with my new Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 Quad-Core Xeon. Which held up very nice, for a stock machine. My iMac would have for sure crashed and burned under the stress!

Feel free to ask me questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.