New "My Music" app is UX/UI torture!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ParanoidDroid, Jun 30, 2015.

?

The "My Music" user interface is...

1. awesome!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. the worst nightmare ever!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. give us the "flat" cover flow back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. bad, the "old" Music App (iOS 7 - 8.3) was much better!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. ParanoidDroid macrumors 6502

ParanoidDroid

OMG, the new "My Music" is awful! The user experience can be best described as torture! It's no longer MY music, it's feels like more like a HOSTILE music app on MY device and a MAD A.I. tells you what YOU HAVE TO LISTEN.

Hey Apple, I am the user here (DJ on my device) and not a mindless pawn! Thanks for ruining that experience!

But the worst: where did the "horizontal album cover view" go??? The 8.4 update basically destroyed the most convenient way to browse through your purchased albums on your iPhone. :mad::mad::mad:

I don't need suggestions (up-selling) or radio or whatever. I'm not interested in that!
    I don't care about "trending searches" or "new artist".
    I don't want to watch exclusive videos e.g. from Eminem (because I bought some of his albums years ago)
    I don't want to "share" or "Start Station" a song. I just want to play it!
    I am an individual! God damn it! :mad:
    I hate all that new bullshít on the new over-enginnered and cluttered GUI! :mad:

I just want is to listen to my albums that I bought and love, without clicking trillion times through weird menus just to find the right album/song or to get to a specific spot in a song!!!

I just want a *silly* music player app! ;)

I just want to crank up the volume in the player – without accidentally clicking the airplay button!!!! WTF!!!!

Big disappointment here. :( I wish there was a button to turn this new :apple: MUSIC cráp off for good and have just a normal music player again – without all the overhead that Apple and the desperate music industry forces on you. :mad:

It looks like the classic iPod is an attractive device again for JUST LISTENING to your music! :(

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

The first thing I did was turn off Apple Music, which you can do under Music in Settings.

Best feature of 8.4 in my opinion.

3. afallnstar macrumors member

afallnstar

I don't know that I would say that it's torture per-say but it definitely needs more work. They're trying to incorporate too much into this initial launch and it shows.