Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alloye

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2007
Rocklin, CA
I went to look at the iPod classic today and thought it was quite nice. But I have to admit the new iPod nano is one sweet little device. As soon as you hold one in your hand, the design suddenly makes sense. Plus I thought the 204 dpi display was very nice.

iPhonePlaya

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
im going to my local apple store tomorrow to check them out im going to wait till my iphone rebate comes or whatever to get one

10th Wonder

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Boston, Ma... Missing 757
I loved the nano but the color's to me was bleehhh! The only nice one's were the silver/blue/black Nano's. But I think i'll stick with the iTouch instead of the classic ipods. Scary thing is i haven't had a nano since the 1g nano's or and ipod. So it's been quite boring with out having an ipod as of lately.

Another thing I must applause apple for is that I have never tried out their new ear bud's until today. I was shocked that they fitted my ears perfectly unlike the ones be4!

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
I had the same observations. The sound quality is excellent on both and I'm hoping that Apple works on the skipping with CoverFlow on the Classic. I tried several different Classics at the store today and they all did it. They were all 80GB Classics and my Apple store didn't have the 160Gb ones yet. I got one of the Apple sales peeps to listen and he couldn't explain it of course. Hopefully the new software these just needs some tuning. The new Nanos didn't have the same skipping problem.

This probably because iether iPod's CPU is too slow to simultaneously decode music and render CoverFlow, or the HD that cant keep up with streaming music and loading artworks at the same time.

mosx

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2007
I love the new nano.

I wasn't too crazy about the pictures.

But then I saw it in the Apple store.

I ended up walking out with a black nano.

Even though I already have an 80GB iPod, I might have to pick up a 160GB iPod classic. Why? http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=MB128LL/A 480p video out over component cables ;) Not as good as my upscaling DVD player, but a great way to carry most, if not all, of your entire media library around and hook it up to an HDTV.

taxman75

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2007
Amen to this thread. Because we know that:

1. Whenever a 'leaked' next iPod pic appears, half the people say, "I know it's not real, because Apple wouldn't release something that awful. I have insider knowledge, because I decided that thing is ugly." This time they get to eat their utterly ungrounded aesthetic assessments.
2. Absolutely any electronic starts to look good after it passes through the Jobs RDF.
3. Tall and slim beat short and wide, it's true. However: video on a bigger screen trumps that completely. What were they going to make, a tongue depressor with a little screen on the end?
4. These are the best nano colors yet... just ask a girl.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I think they look fine from the front, but I'd have preferred an all round alu enclosure like the 2G nanos had, to those shiny backs.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I think they look fine from the front, but I'd have preferred an all round alu enclosure like the 2G nanos had, to those shiny backs.

Ditto. One step forward, five steps back! I hate that shiny, scratch-magnet chrome ... :mad:

iPhonePlaya

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
i saw the nanos today and they are so unbelievable small and thin i cant wait to get one

the colors dont really look like how they do online , the red looks kind of pink

j/k/Andy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
I have a 4GB model and it is just awsome. Upgraded from a 1 gen nano, the new screen is just amazing, and only $149!

Purchased it for the 20+ hour battery life for books and podcasts but I think that I will try some TV shows too, just a great product.

Still wonder how it can play back video smoother then my powerbook G4 :rolleyes:

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
I saw them in person yesterday and they are amazing. My only complaint is that the click wheel is too small. I was at bestbuy for a whole hour just trying to decide if I should just buy the nano or but the money twoards a hasselblad. in the end I didnt buy one. But yes they are amazing

iPhonePlaya

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
i think im going to get the 8gb nano and then the 80gb classic for christmas lol i see no need in getting an ipod touch if you have an iphone just more space

Sdao

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
I just picked up a brand new silver 8 gig nano, but im going to be returning it within the next 2 weeks as the screen is crooked. This is the 2nd nano i've had, both with crooked screens.

I'll return it and see if I can get a black one instead.

Anybody else have the crooked screen issue?

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I hated the photos that were leaked of the fat Nano. I have an 8GB iPhone and a 60 GB Photo and I had no intention of getting an iPod this past weekend. Then, I held the iPond nano in my hand. It is short, impossibly thin and incredibly small. Well, long story short, now I have a blue nano, too (for the family to use of course!).

Victim of the Jobsian Reality Distortion Field (and loving it!):D

kevinliu4

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2006
Ever since the 5th, I have been agonizing over getting the classic or touch. And for the record, I don't need an iPod. I just wanted one! And admittedly, I was one of those who slammed the design of the fatty when pictures of it first emerged.

I saw the nano the other day and it is anything but fat. I was blown away by it. It is absolutely stunning. It was never a consideration as I was convinced 8GB was too small.

I saw it again in the shop window today and I just had to have it. Having brought it home and played around with it tonight, I am extremely happy with my decision. It is so cool and so tiny! The screen is smaller than my 5G iPod but the screen is arguably crisper and brighter. The UI is very nice and runs very smoothly.

I guess in some ways, the decision wasn't too difficult as I bought it purely as a toy. Having just finished loading my newest couple of cds and must-have albums on it, I'm also happy to see I'm just a tad over 2GB with plenty of room for new content. I have a feeling my 5G iPod is gonna be collecting some dust for a while.

If you are even considering the nano, get it right away. It's an absolute marvel.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Most definitely. Ugly little things on screen but when I saw 'em at the Apple Store I was really blown away at how nice they were and at how thin these things are getting.
Isn't that the truth.

The leaked pictures looked terrible. And they looked like they were made of plastic. The all metal construction is fantastic.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Well, I have the iPod Touch (16GB) on order but I am also thinking of getting the iPod Nano 8GB Model also! Maybe we need to see a doctor! :)))

yeah, I think I need to see a doctor. I have a 1st gen and 2nd gen nano, a 60 gb video iPod, and an iPhone, and I still want a new nano

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.