NEW NANO + iPhone Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Sep 9, 2008.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I own a 3G iPhone, and am purchasing a new Nano as a birthday gift for a girlfriend. I have a few questions:

(1) Can I sync my videos and music from my iTunes account onto her brand new Nano? If so, will she lose any of these items afterwards when she makes her own iTunes account on a separate computer? I wanted to preload some stuff on it for her.

(2) I plan to get it engraved on the back so I need to order it online. I need it by saturday, but the quickest shipping available is 2-3 days and if shipped Wednesday (since estimated to ship within 24 hours) can arrive anywhere between thursday-monday. If shipping to NY, where do the engraved iPods usually ship from? I'm hoping its somewhere from the East so it takes 2 days and not 3 to arrive.

Thanks for your help!

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

im not sure about #2

but about #1
    if you set it up for manual management
    and make sure she doesnt change that
    then anything you add will stay along with what she adds
    although its a bit confusing to use

another option is preloading it for affect
    and also putting it on a flash drive/ hard drive and giving it to her to put onto her computer/itunes account

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm *pretty* sure this only works after you do an initial sync on a given computer. iTunes knows there's music already on the iPod and whose library it belongs to. When she goes to plug it into her computer, iTunes will say the iPod is linked to another library, before she even has a chance to choose "manually manage music"...and ask if she wants to replace the music on the iPod with the music from her library.

After the initial sync, she can put her BF's media back on her iPod, once it's been imported to iTunes, via USB drive, network transfer, Senuti, etc.