New! Need help with burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hthomas, Aug 21, 2010.

1. hthomas macrumors member

Hello all! Im new to mac. On my vista laptop I would download movies and theyd be in video ts files. I would then convert them and download them in a program called convert x to dvd.

now to mac - I downloaded Roxio toast and tried to burn a video ts file. It wouldnt work.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to be able to do what I did back on windows? if I have to buy programs thats fine I just need to no what to do.

thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There are no VIDEO_TS files, only folders. Those VIDEO_TS folders contain .vob, .bup and .ifo files and Roxio is able to burn them.

Warez/Serials/Keys.
    Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

3. hthomas thread starter macrumors member

Roxio won't burn Divx movie files. I remember the convertxdvd program converted them to be able to be burned.

is there a codec I need to download to be able to burn them? or do I need to convert them to something else before I burn?