iPad New New iPad - How to protect?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DaDalle, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DaDalle macrumors member

Hey there,

I just went out of an Apple reseller and bought a new iPad 4.

I'm not sure how I should protect this. I'm a huge fan the smart covers but these will let the back side unprotected.
    I'm thinking of a combination of a smart cove and a protection foil for the back side.
    How do you protect your iPad?

Thanks,

DaDalle

2. phillypharm macrumors regular

I use a pad and quill graduate case and love it! It's beautiful and gives a book feel. Kinda like the dodocase but better quality.

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Does the iPad 4 have the same dimensions as the 3?

I use the smart cover (it has saved me at least $1000 in replacement iPads, and costed 50$ on amazon), and a marware back shell, http://www.marware.com/microshell-case-for-the-new-ipad?sc=80&category=50741#.UJVT2Dl5mSM , to be honest, it doesn't offer much in terms of drop protection, but it's easy to clean, easy to put on/take off, and pretty attractive. It works if you just want to protect the back, or if you accidently bang it on a wall or something, or when you might accidently put the iPad on something sticky/sharp and don't want the back to get screwed up.

4. phillypharm macrumors regular

Yep same dimensions. Any iPad 3 case will fit the 4

5. DaDalle thread starter macrumors member

Looks pretty cool! But unfortunately I couldn't find these in any German store.

I've found a "Smart Case" in the Apple Store. This looks pretty good to me. Has anyone made any experiences with this?

6. silverf1re macrumors regular

Ya I got one free from apple price matching targets ad and I do love it. It completes the Smart Cover in my eyes.

7. Hpye macrumors 6502

Get the apple smart case, it protects both sides, don't get confuse with Smart Cover, get the smart case

8. DaDalle thread starter macrumors member

I bought my case yesterday but returned it today. It's a very good case and it protects the iPad very well in my opinion.

However, I like using my iPad on my couch but there the case feels a bit uncomfortable. The edges are a bit sharp and are cutting in my hands.

Otherwise it would be a great case.

I'll now go for a Smart Cover which I can remove easily and buy a cheap bag in addition.

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

IF you're not too worried about shock protection, get a skin. I put skins on all my gadgets.

I like Wrapsol, and Phantomskinz. They both have a matte finish to them. I like them a lot better than Invisible shields, or Best Skins.