New (nonR) MBP Cooling Improvements?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by groove-agent, Jul 5, 2012.

1. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I'm debating getting a new non-retina MBP and was wondering if any of you have noticed improvements with respect to cooling. I never really had a problem with my existing MBP other than when I played games the fan(s) got quite loud. I'm not sure if there would be any improvements with the new models in this respect.

Thanks.

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I haven't heard of any cooling improvements, everything is the same besides a speed bump and new 3.0 USBs.

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Due to the new CPU/GPU architecture they will run a little cooler than the 2011`s however there is no change to the cooling system that I am aware of, same fans etc as last year. The asymmetrically spaced fans look to be reserved for the rMBP and the 2012 AIR

4. Rectified^ macrumors newbie

Indeed, I have the 2012 cMBP 15" and the internal design is identical to 2011. That said, the new CPU/GPU run cooler than Sandy Bridge. No new fan design. Hope that helps.

5. groove-agent thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your replies.

I wasn't sure if the non-retina MBPs got the cooling redesign outlined in the video. Apparently not, but it isn't a deal-breaker for me.