New Norton AntiVirus 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NYU02, Dec 28, 2007.

1. NYU02 macrumors regular

I know Macs don't really get viruses but I want to buy an antivirus software just incase (as Macs become more popular, it seems logical that viruses will follow). Has anyone tried Norton's new antivirus 11 for tiger? If so, any thoughts?

Thank you very much,
    NYU02

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Norton software is famous for doing more harm than good on Macs. I wouldn't purchase it.

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

... and they haven't been doing any better on the PC side of things either. :confused:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Indeed, make me wonder why every PC maker has that pre-installed, the first thing I do when the new windows computer arrives, is to remove NAV and install AVG, so much better.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

For those of you that have to deal with antivirus o Mac...

VirusScan 8.6 is Leopard compatible, Universal Binary, and spawns multiple processes when it scans.

6. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

Try ClamXav, it's free. It had helped me detect some infected files attached to mails received from the Windows world... Although they wouldn't do any harm in OSX, it prevented spreading them out when forwarding the attachement. :apple:

7. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Intego does a nice job.
    It has a nice Mac-like interface.

But, I must confess that I haven't seriously used anti-virus software for the Mac for a long time.